Monday, October 5, 2009

Ryan and Heather Married! - Chattanooga Wedding Photographer

As I sit here trying to find words to describe Ryan and Heather's big day, the only word that comes to mind is "wow." There were moments from this wedding that I don't think I will ever forget. It was creative, over-the-top, emotional, dazzling, and fun! The day began early at Hair-a-Go-Go with Heather, her mother, and the groom's mother. From there we made our way to the First Presbyterian Church on McCallie Avenue where two make-up artists from Elea Blake and two hairstylists awaited. Since Heather had nine bridesmaids, she dedicated one room of the church for make-up and another for hair. In the make-up room, Heather created a make-up station for each of her bridesmaids by providing them with a make-up mirror and a box full of goodies. For lunch Heather had Chick-fil-a catered in. Seriously, who would not want to be a bridesmaid for Heather?!

Around lunch time the men arrived. Since Ryan and Heather decided to do a "first look," I was able to get a plethora of shots of the bride and groom :) Ryan's face looked full of excitement as he crept up behind Heather. Once Heather turned around and saw Ryan's reaction, her eyes filled with happy tears! There was laughing, warm embraces, and kisses. I LOVE when couples decide to do a first look!

Although Ryan and Heather saw each other pre-ceremony, there was no lack of emotion during the ceremony! The tears started rolling when Heather and Ryan's parents prayed over them while Celine Dion and Josh Grobin's version of "The Prayer" was sang. It was such a beautiful and touching moment. In fact, once the ceremony was over Heather couldn't stop tearing up. She laughed and exclaimed, "The Holy Spirit just won't leave!" haha! Too cute :)

Since most of the formal shots were taken pre-ceremony, I was able to get some more pictures of Ryan and Heather at the church before leaving for the reception and then again at the Chattanooga Golf and Country Club.

Even though The Answer Band did a great job getting the party started, Heather, her brother, and bridesmaids really set the tone with the "Thriller" dance. It was quite entertaining! From that point on, the dance floor was nothing but a sea of people until Ryan and Heather exited under the warm glow of sparklers. Here are some of my favorite images from the day! Make sure to also check out their SLIDESHOW! Other vendors from the evening include Ruth's Florist and Gifts and videography by Ryan Golden.

The invitation
Photobucket

Darin Wright from Elea Blake doing Heather's make-up
Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this shot caught my second shooter Shelby! I cannot say enough about her! I love her view of the world :)
Photobucket

Heather wasn't a big fan of her shoes but I think this picture makes them look snazzy!
Photobucket

Heather's mom helping her get ready! Love their smiles :)
Photobucket

Just as Heather was walking out to do a "first look" with Ryan, she noticed that her father was quietly watching her in the doorway.  I think dad wanted to be first ;) Look at how surprised she was!
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love how Heather's mom Krystal is looking at Carl.  I think she's adoring Carl for loving their daughter so much.
Photobucket

And the tears start flowing
Photobucket

The handsome groom Ryan right before his "first look" at Heather
Photobucket

A picture from their "first look." Such a beautiful and sweet couple!
Photobucket

Heather and Ryan could light up a room with their smiles! Image by Shelby.
Photobucket

A little "Beatles" action from the guys.  Notice how they're safe in the crosswalk while I'm lying on the ground with no one to stop traffic behind me.  Not gonna lie . . . I was a little scared.  I was determined to get this picture though! haha!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The rings
Photobucket

I just love how everyone's listening so intently in this picture.
Photobucket

Heather and Ryan with Senator Corker!  Yeah, I'm star-struck :) 
Photobucket

A cute post-ceremony picture with their getaway car 
Photobucket

I loved being able to get some more pictures at their reception site before they were introduced.  This is a product from getting a majority of their formal pictures finished before the ceremony.  Love it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

So beautiful! 
Photobucket

Love this image by Shelby!
Photobucket

Heather and Ryan's first dance! This picture is PERFECT in every way! Another great image by Shelby!
Photobucket

Father-daughter dance
Photobucket

I love the tear in Heather's eye as her father twirls her.  The room was holding approximately 275 guests and they all fell silent the moment Carl took his daughter in his arms to dance.  
Photobucket

A very emotional moment
Photobucket

Mother-son dance which was a little more light-hearted :)
Photobucket

Everything at the reception was running smoothly so I grabbed Heather and Ryan for a quick pic with the sunset.
Photobucket

THRILLER! Heather really wanted to entertain her guests! Always makes for a great party!
Photobucket

Heather being the center of attention . . . as it should be!
Photobucket

I love fun guests!
Photobucket

Heather's sorority singing "Shades" to her.  Seriously, who doesn't love a sorority girl?! 
Photobucket

The dance floor was PACKED! Most of my shots had to be taken from an aerial view.  I just got on my little perch and shot away.
Photobucket

Nothing better than a dance-off!
Photobucket

Ok, I'm not gonna lie . . . bride and groom exit pictures are a little nerve-racking.  And just so you understand my anxiety, I'm gonna paint a little picture for you:  I've essentially got one chance to actually get this "money shot."  I'm shooting in low-light praying that my flash unit doesn't do something stupid.  I've got about 70 people swarming about . . . half of them been drinkin'.  Suddenly all these people are holding fire sticks and at any moment I'm gonna have a bride and groom barreling through this ring of fire?!!  Oh! And one of them is wearing a cathedral length veil! I bet you can guess it's not Ryan.  

So as usual I say this little prayer to myself, "Lord, please help me get this shot and not catch on fire . . . you know me and fires." And just for good measure I cross myself like a Catholic and pray in 5 different languages just in case God's Chinese. 

Uh . . . so after ALL that, here's the picture that I capture.  Seriously?! 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Wait for it . . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Wait for it . . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Who knew?! God's Chinese! LOL! 
Thought it was gonna be bad, huh? I'm sneaky :)
Photobucket

And just to keep it classy, I now present you with the results of this little game I like to play with myself called 
PHOTOGRAPHER'S BINGO!

flashing the flashy lights in my head

First up: Two dudes fighting over some lipgloss! Say what?!
Photobucket

Someone gettin' their sombrero on!
Photobucket

Not sure what's goin' on back there but I'm gonna call Bingo.
Love pink tie's face too! LOL! 
Photobucket

Someone trying to catch some invisible manna from Heaven. 
Photobucket

And the world spins madly on . . . 
To see more from this wedding, please remember to check out the SLIDESHOW!

Congratulations and much love to Heather and Ryan!

No comments: