Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Nati Family

I'm a little surprised that I'm doing a blog post right now.  This week has been incredibly unpredictable in so many ways.  The rain is killing me!  I've had to re-arrange several photo sessions this week due to weather.  I've driven my car all over creation going to meetings that I wasn't expecting.  AND I've attended 2 funerals this week! As I sat amongst a crowd of mourners earlier this week, a slideshow of the deceased played over the television on the wall. Although I wasn't close to Sean (age 22), I was able to get a glimpse into his short life through the pictures.  I couldn't help but sympathize with the mother, father, sisters, brother, girlfriend and others who had been devastated by the tragedy. Tears filled my eyes.   

As I sat there watching the slideshow play over and over, I realized how important my job is as a photographer.  Whether it's a wedding, portrait session, or just a candid shot, it's documentation of someone's life . . . proof of their existence here on earth.  Suddenly a piece of paper becomes a treasure for those left behind.  With this in mind, I edited through the Nati's family photo session.  A laugh, a touch, a look . . . it all seems priceless.  Melissa, I hope you can look back on these pictures years from now and be reminded of all the small things . . . like the way it felt to hold your children. Here are a few of my favorites:

Photobucket

Look at these pouty lips! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think she stole my camera and took a self-portrait! haha! Funny!
Photobucket

Sibling love
Photobucket

Beautiful eyes!
Photobucket

I think this might be my favorite! I can just feel that little foot now :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

A little moment that I also love.  Oh how we need our moms.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hehe! This next one gets me tickled.
Photobucket

Love this picture!
Photobucket

This is the type of boy that I wanted to claim as my boyfriend when I was in pre-school.
Photobucket

Notice in the next two pictures how one child is always tugging on Melissa's sleeve.  They must feel the need to cleave to their mother :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Loved this gate! 
Photobucket

Hilarious moment! 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: