Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Hackworths - Knoxville Family Photographer

Me: "Nathan! I think I'm in Clinton, TN . . . somewhere.  It's pouring the rain and my car has been hydro-planing.  I don't know what I'm going to do for this shoot! It's at some house . . . that I've never seen before.  I won't be able to shoot outside, which was my plan! Ugh! This rain!
Nathan: "Why don't you cancel?"
Me: "I can't! They're only in town for this weekend!"
Nathan: "I don't know what to tell you honey.  You'll be fine."
Me: "Oh this day! I guess I'll go with the non-plan plan! . . . . I'll see you when I get home."

Click

Yes, this was the start to a dreary Sunday morning a few weeks ago as I was driving to photograph the Hackworths.  Although I despise not having a plan for shooting, I actually think the "flying by the seat of my pants" plan worked out quite well and pushed me to think outside the box, trying new techniques.  The Hackworths were such a joy to work with and Stuart (the dad) was cracking me up as he assisted me with getting the girls camera ready.  He would say, "Hand on hip. AND SMILE! . . . Say, "CHEESE PICKLES!" LOL! All the while his wife's mom would walk by, pause, and with lifted eye-brow say, "Stuart, you aren't right." haha!  Stuart made a great assistant and kept everyone in good spirits despite the rain.  And, although I had a great time photographing this family, the highlight of my day was walking into a room that contained a GOLDEN DOODLE!  What is a golden doodle you might ask? Well, it's a golden retriever poodle mix! It was like seeing my little Sophie but bigger.  I was so excited to be seeing a golden doodle for the very first time that I forgot to take a picture! Ah! But I did give it a hug . . . which will last in my memory forever :) Anyway, here are some of my favorite images from the day:

I love these first 2 pictures! They look so heavenly with the light! I used a white sheet and a studio light from my car.
Photobucket

Photobucket

All the rest had to be taken outside on the front porch.  It was still pouring the rain.
Photobucket

I snapped this next pic as Stuart was getting Emme ready for the next shot.  Love the eskimo kiss :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at this tummy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Miss Ellary! Don't you just love the girls' outfits? And trust me, they didn't just do this for the shoot.  They have a whole plethora of matching outfits.
Photobucket

Miss Eliza! The eldest of the 3 sisters :)
Photobucket

I couldn't believe that Shana had a matching outfit for the newborn as well!  Emme was exhausted! hehe! Cute!
Photobucket

Such good sisters :)
Photobucket

Grandpa and Emme!
Photobucket

My attempt to get the whole family on the porch.  Can you see the rain in the background? Still pouring . . .
Photobucket

No comments: