Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Somehow it works . . .

This morning my husband Nathan left for a 5 day hiking trip with some of his buddies.  Yes, that's 5 days in the woods with one bag and no shower.  Although Nathan has already hiked the entire Appalachian Trail (2,175 miles), he wanted to go back and hike part of it again.  I guess he's needing some fresh air.  Obviously, he needs no time away from his precious angel.

Before Nathan packed the last few items into his pack, he decided to snap the following picture. All our friends always tell us how we're the most unsuspecting couple because we are so different. However, if Nathan and I ever decide to use our economics degrees to join the FBI, fighting financial crime, that could definitely come in handy.  I like to think ahead :)

Although I am one high-maintenance poodle, I believe Nathan enjoys the challenge of taking care of me and saving me from the fires I start or when I lock my keys in my car, etc.  When I really think about it though, I think having different interests in life helps us have a multitude of things to talk about.  Honestly, if it weren't for Nathan, I'd still be wondering about those "AT" bumper stickers. 

Photobucket
I think Nathan's becoming quite the photographer.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

oh geez...I love that picture. So artistic, symbolic, and just perfect publication material.