Thursday, June 18, 2009

Emi and Franklin Married! - Knoxville Wedding Photographer

Well, here I am awake at almost 2 am.  I am quite determined to get this blog post finished today, which is actually tomorrow . . . which makes me a day late.  I have been sifting through LOTS of pictures ALL day trying to decide what I want to post.  Emi and Franklin's wedding was absolutely FABULOUS! In fact, once the night was over, I couldn't sleep (shocker) because I was on such a high!

First of all, this was probably one of the most creative, "do-it-yourself" weddings I have seen. There's something very appealing about a "homemade" wedding.  Emi's grandmother made all the bouquets and flower arrangements! The bridesmaids were told to where a yellow or blue dress of their choice.  Yep, no designated bridesmaids' dresses.  Hairstylist . . . friend.  Emi's veil . . . her grandmother's.  Wedding coordinator . . . friend.  Music . . . ipod.  Live music . . . friends.  And the Smith's provided their home and farm (Living Hope Farm) for the wedding site . . . absolutely beautiful and well-maintained!  It was GREAT!  Being the hired help, I felt honored to be part of it all!

I have been going on and on about how moving Emi and Franklin's ceremony was for the last few weeks.  The ceremony is held outside under the blue sky.  Emi makes her way over the grassy green hill.  Standing at the aisle are her two fathers (biological and step) ready to give her away.  Emotions are running high.  Franklin's face beams the moment he set eyes on his bride-to-be.  And as Emi's fathers give her away, tears roll down her mother and grandfather's face.  Emi and Franklin join hands and the ceremony begins.  Guests have been prepared to sing a few worship songs with Emi and Franklin.  As the singing begins, the wind blows, carrying the Spirit through the audience.  Hands are in the air!  As I walk around the ceremony site, trying to get as many angles as possible, I find myself singing the words to a song that I don't even know.  The ceremony continues to the moment Franklin lifts up Emi's veil.  She falls into his arms and Franklin romantically kisses Emi.  Sigh . . . 

All guests then make their way to the tent for some BBQ and fun! I urge everyone to check out the slideshow!  Here are a few favorites from the day:

Emi . . . getting ready.  I love the quiet moment.
Photobucket

Emi's grandmother's veil
Photobucket

So happy . . .
Photobucket

The cows joined the guys for some pre-ceremony pics! haha! 
Photobucket

Nathan took the following picture as I hitched a ride over to the ceremony site with the guys!
Photobucket

This was a seriously bumpy ride but the guys made it fun! 
Photobucket

The flowergirl and ring-bearer . . . he was carrying a bird's nest.  TOO CUTE!
Photobucket

Can't get enough of them!
Photobucket

Emi's majestic entrance over the hill!
Photobucket

Emi's grandfather's reaction as she is given away : (  Made me think of my own papaw who watches over me from heaven now.
Photobucket

I loved that I caught this moment! There's such a peace and comfort in this picture.
Photobucket

Man and wife baby!
Photobucket

If they were a boy band . . . this would be the album cover.  LOL!  So much fun!
Photobucket

I loved watching these girls get ready.  It was like they were all four years old, getting ready for a tea party! They all had fishnet gloves, little veils, and chunky jewelry.  Such DIVAS!!! :)
Photobucket

First dance . . .
Photobucket

Grandmom needs to party!  LOL!  She's been workin' hard on those flowers!
Photobucket

Best man caught the garter! Hilarious!
Photobucket

The ceremony site after fireworks and sparklers!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are just GREAT. You captured the desired intent of the wdding, an event that honors God, family & friends. Emi & Franklin are such a wonderful couple. It was an honor to participate in this event. A special thanks to the Smiths for the use of their farm.