Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Krista and Jason: Engaged! - Chattanooga Wedding Photographer

So . . . I am probably going to keep this blog post short.  I am exhausted dudes.  I'm keeping in good spirits though.  It's like what Matt Nathanson says in one of his songs . . . "push me til I have to fly."  I guess it's hard growing wings.  

Anyway, I was pleased as punch to find out that Krista is marrying my cat's brother!  Say what?! Some of you might need a little background story.  I went to GPS 7th through 12th grade in Chattanooga.  It's an all girls preparatory school.  At GPS every 7th grader is matched up with a senior.  These seniors kind of become our mentors and we exchange gifts over the course of the year.  The seniors are called "cats" and seventh graders "rats."  GPS even has a "Cat/Rat Parade." As a rat, my cats (I actually had two) dressed me up as an army soldier and I had to army crawl across the gymnasium floor in front of the whole student body.  When I was a cat, I dressed my rat Alex up as Bullwinkle!  I made the moose head from SCRATCH! Here's a lovely visual:

Photobucket

When Krista initially called me up to discuss wedding photography packages, she had no idea who I was.  As I was writing down some information, I asked for her fiance's name.  She said, "Jason Geherlein but I'll probably have to spell his last name."  "No need," I said, "I already know how to spell it."  Suddenly, it dawned on me that this could be a relative of my cat's.  AND, indeed it was.  It was her brother! AND what's even cooler is that Krista and Jason will be getting married at Laurelwood farms on top of signal mountain this spring where my husband and I married!  As you can guess, I'm excited about shooting their wedding for multiple reasons! Here are some of my favorites from their e-session.  I will leave my commentary to a minimum tonight but I still love them just the same!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Boone came along as well :) He'll be the ring-bearer for the wedding!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PAHAHA!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love Krista's green eyes! Perfect match with her scarf!
Photobucket

1 comment:

with love, Emily said...

Lori- I must say that I do love that picture of you and your little rat. As a 7th grader, my cat dressed me as a seamonkey and I wore the only little 2 piece swim suit I owned (of course I was no bigger than a twig at the time), flippers, a swimming ring, and a tail and ears! I dressed my rat up at a Ninja turtle! Fun times reminiscing! haha