Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christina and Chris: Engaged! - Chattanooga Wedding Photographer

When I walked into Starbucks to initially meet Christina, her mother, and grandmother to discuss wedding packages, I didn't know what to expect.  However, as I approached the table, I suddenly became nervous realizing that I knew Christina but didn't know how.  I tried to make small talk to buy me some time in figuring out how I might know her.  Obviously, if she knew me and I couldn't remember her, this could make for an embarrassing situation.  Desperately, I searched every corner of my memory.  Still, nothing came to me.  The curiosity was killing me! Finally I blurted out, "I feel like I know you!  Who is your fiance?"

"Chris Policastro," she replied.

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed.  My entire face lit up! "Aww . . . you're marrying Poli! It's all coming to me now.  I have seen you in some pictures on facebook!"

Many moons ago, Poli and I traveled in the same social circle.  I remember him being very sweet, very quiet, and very single .  One night when we were all together, I remember his buddies joking about how Poli would be the last one to get married because he didn't know how to talk to girls :( Although it may have seemed that way in high school, my daddy taught me better than that.  He used to say, "You know . . . most of the guys who finish last in high school finish first in life. Choose wisely."

Usually my response was, "Daddy, were you a dork?" haha!

As I sat there chatting with Christina, I couldn't help but feel satisfied . . . yes, satisfied.  Here sitting before me was this beautiful, sweet, smart, personable girl . . . a girl that Poli deserved but probably felt undeserving of.  I couldn't have been more happy that Poli had found his forever.  And the fact that Poli would NOT be the last one to marry made me smile even bigger. Daddy was right all along :)  

For their engagement pictures, Christina and Chris chose Rock City as their location.  We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful fall day! Here are some of my favorites from their session:

I just love all the colors in this picture!
Photobucket

Look at that doll on Poli's arm! Gorgeous!
Photobucket

Photobucket

These next two are my favorite!  I loved playing with all the different types of light up there.  This is probably the most unique e-session I've ever done.  
Photobucket

Too cute!
Photobucket

I like to blow out my skies (at times) to create a heavenly look.  Being that we could see 7 states from here, I thought this look would suit the situation.
Photobucket

Overhead light! Kinda neat!
Photobucket

Side lighting . . . I covet Christina's pink pouty lips! 
Photobucket

Okay . . . so I have a funny story for this next picture: First of all, I have never laughed out loud so long while editing a client's photos.  My husband eventually yelled down the hall, "Will you shut up in there?!" LOL!  Once I get started, it's hard for me to stop!

So Christina, Poli, and I are walking through this cave and I realize that there are spotlights within the cave.  Immediately, I get excited because it's like having a little studio in the woods.  "Okay, so here's what I'd like to do," I said.  "Christina, I want you to stand here beneath this light and Poli, I want you to stand about 3 feet behind her.  Christina, I want you to be looking at the camera since you are the focus of this picture.  Poli, you're in the background so just look at Christina, not me."

As I'm clicking away, I realize that Poli is doing exactly what I asked.  He is staring at Christina's head with absolutely NO expression.  The fact that we're in a cave just makes this oh so much better.  I burst out laughing and said, "Poli, you're looking a little creepy back there . . . like maybe you're a stalker and you have an axe behind your back. " LOL! "Maybe you should just smile pleasantly," I suggested. 

Ta-DAH! Here's a non-creepy picture! Cracks me up!
Photobucket

Love these next two! 
Photobucket

Naturals! I'll need to see more of this during your first dance!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Gotta love those perfectly placed sunflares! 
Photobucket

No comments: