Wednesday, September 16, 2009

John Carl and Family: Take 1

Last month I received the opportunity to come shoot John Carl and his family.  John Carl is about 3 months old and is SUCH a cutie!  Both times that I have visited John Carl, he has been in great spirits! Every time I would touch his little hand, he would smile from ear to ear :) His mother Kate purchased a "Baby's First Year Package" so I was relieved that John Carl always smiles when I'm around.  John Carl also has an older sister Olivia who doesn't seem to like my camera as much. Olivia was making her way upstairs when Kate and I started discussing getting a "belly shot" of John Carl. Olivia stopped dead in her tracks, backed up a little, and with wide eyes shyly asked, "Mom . . . what's a belly shot?" Immediately, Kate and I had to back that train up and explain that we weren't talking about an "ouchy shot" but rather a picture.  I don't think Olivia bought it.  Note to self on calling pictures "shots" around children, huh?  I have 3 more times to convince Olivia that I'm not the "bad guy." haha! Anyway, here are a few of my favorites from our first session:

Meet John Carl! I could not stop crackin' up taking this picture! His expression reminds me of my dad! Kinda weird.
Photobucket

This kid has so many cute facial expressions!
Photobucket

Photobucket

If Pooh Bear suddenly became human, I think this is what he would look like.  haha!
Photobucket

I LOVE this next picture.  John Carl's just propping himself up on his boppy pillow.  He looks so gangsta like he's waiting for his ma to make him a sandwich or something.
Photobucket

John Carl getting changed.  His eyes look amazing!
Photobucket

There are SO many captions that could go along with this next one. I'll let you use your imagination.
Photobucket

Always happy!
Photobucket

Meet Olivia! She was dressed to go to her gymnastics class.  She loves feeding her fish :)
Photobucket

Showing us what she had been learning in class.  LOL!
Photobucket

Bouncing on her pink bed!
Photobucket

Playing with her play-doh and still not so sure about my camera.
Photobucket

A family photo including the grandparents :)
Photobucket

What a beautiful family!
Photobucket

The next one just spoke to me so I had to post it.
Photobucket

I love how the light comes through Olivia's hair in this next one.
Photobucket

Oh and I can't forget about Olivia's pink photo.  This was her ONE request :)
Photobucket

No comments: