Thursday, September 3, 2009

Brantley and Jen Married! - Knoxville Wedding Photographer

The weather was uncharacteristically cool the day Brantley and Jen tied the knot.  It was as though fall decided to grace us with its presence a month early just for the occasion.  When I arrived to the ceremony and reception site that evening, Brantley was hard at work outside making everything perfect for his bride.  When I entered the house, I found Jen's Maid of Honor steaming Jen's wedding gown.  Everyone was working toward perfection for the moment when Jen would be walked down the aisle by her father.  As guests began to arrive, I made haste to capture details and all the happy faces. With each passing moment, the sun sunk lower and lower, painting watercolors across the sky.  As the crowd made their way to the lake's edge, voices carried to a whisper and then to silence.  Jen would soon be walking down the aisle.  As Brantley and his brother stood at the edge of the dock, Brantley looked down to his feet.  When he lifted his head, a small tear was in his eye as he watched his bride walk toward him.  Jen was making her perfect entrance :)  After an emotional ceremony, guests were invited for dinner and dancing under a twinkle-lit tent.  Here are a few of my favorite images from the evening. To see more, click here for their SLIDESHOW.

Photobucket

The room where Jen dressed was pretty dark.  Having the spotlights on the ceiling, however, added some drama to the pictures.  Kinda neat!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Check out the SKY! This was pre-ceremony.
Photobucket

Brantley's reaction as Jen made her way down the aisle.
Photobucket

Jen's perfect entrance :)
Photobucket

The water colored sky . . . breathtaking!
Photobucket

Some reception details.  This was Brantley and Jen's table.
Photobucket

I tried to steal a few moments with the Bride and Groom before group pictures began.  And when I say moment, I mean like minute.  The sun was almost gone!
Photobucket

This next one is probably my favorite! I used the videographer's light and position to create that nice glow from Jen's veil.  Praise the Lord for videographers in low-light! They always ask if they are in the way.  I'm like, "No, you're actually helping! Keep doing that!" LOL!
Photobucket

I loved the ambiance in the tent! Isn't this how everyone would picture their wedding? 
Photobucket

I caught Brantley's classic move of pointing the finger.  He actually does it a lot.  I wonder if he knows.  Oh well, I'm always giving "thumbs-up" so I can't make fun :)  I would make a perfect yet dorky politician. haha!
Photobucket

I love looking at everyone's faces in this next picture.  Just take a moment and indulge.
Photobucket

Nothing better than a spontaneous dip!
Photobucket

Preferred caption for the following picture: "Ahhhh . . . . I survived my wedding day.  Oh, and thanks for coming."
Photobucket

What a beautiful night!
Photobucket

1 comment:

..::p::.. said...

this wedding is absolutely gorgeous! it looks like it was out of a movie!