Thursday, September 17, 2009

Desiree and Walt Engaged! - Chattanooga Wedding Photographer

A few weeks ago I met up with Desiree and Walt for engagement pictures.  I had NO idea what I was in for!  I met Desiree at the Wendy's at the bottom of Lookout and followed her up the mountain to the Lula Lake Land Trust, her location of choice.  I had never seen this place so I was excited for the opportunity to photograph at a new location.  So here we go up the mountain and I'm just boppin' away to my music when Desiree makes a sudden stop roadside. Obviously, she had missed her turn and needed to turn around . . . or so I thought.  As I rolled down my window to see what our next move was, Desiree shouted "Ok, we're here but Walt will have to open the gate!" With wide eyes, I replied, "Uh . . . . alrighty."

Out of the corner of my eye, I suddenly see this transformer (I mean truck) pull up beside me. Out jumps Walt.  As we make brief introductions, Walt unlocks the gate.  "You might want to drive slow. It's a little bumpy," Desiree advises.  "Well I sure do love an adventure," I shouted back.

So here we go OFF-ROADING! I felt as though I should have been playing Frank Sinatra's "You Make Me Feel So Young" in honor of my old Camry.  It was definitely the most action it's gotten in a LONG time. LOL!  Once we got parked, Desiree explained to me that Walt's job was to help preserve and maintain such areas like this land trust . . . hence the huge truck that I eventually got to ride in. Hysterical!  Anyway, here are a few of my favorites from their session.  I can't wait to shoot their wedding this October!

Desiree's dress was the perfect color for this venue :)
Photobucket

Love this next picture! Shows a great sense of place.
Photobucket

I challenged Desiree and Walt to be lovey-dovey without kissing on the lips the first half of their session.  I adore how cuddly they look in all their pictures!
Photobucket

Isn't Desiree beautiful?! She's such a sweet spirit.
Photobucket

My challenge for this session: Shooting into the sun.  I generally shy away from doing this because it's hard to make my camera focus.  I was REALLY determined though.
Photobucket

See! Don't they look cuddly?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Woot woot! Check out this view!
Photobucket

I adore how Walt's holding Desiree's hand to his chest! Grrrowl . . .
Photobucket

Photobucket

Boo-yah! Check out that sun-flare! haha! 
Photobucket

Photobucket

These next 2 pictures kinda scare me but are quite scenic!
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Elissa said...

For some reason these pics here remind me of the shots in the movie Twilight...did you think of that?? Love your pictures, they are beautiful.

Lori Line said...

haha! No but I can see where you'd think that. All "foresty" and up high.