Saturday, November 21, 2009

Walt and Desiree Married! - Chattanooga Wedding Photographer

The sky was a beautiful blue.  The sun was shining.  The air felt warm with undertones of a cool, crisp breeze.  This was the day that Desiree and Walt would wed.  

When I arrived to Canyon Ridge, all were in high spirits.  The men were in one house; the girls in the other.  Clad in their robes and mimosas in hand, Desiree and her bridesmaids relaxed and allowed Hair-a-Go-Go and Sparrow Cosmetics to work their magic.  Between the two houses, family and friends bustled about creating homemade centerpieces for the tables, a cupcake tower (compliments of the Cupcakery), and exchanged news of which team was scoring in that day's football games.  Yes, it had every essence of a fall wedding.

Outside the house windows, I could be found passing by, plotting and scheming Desiree and Walt's first look.  It had to be perfect, powerful, and epic.  I decided that the cliffs overlooking the mountains would be perfect. When the time finally came for the two to meet, I had no idea what I was about to witness.  Walt, with hand over mouth, was left speechless at the sight of his bride. He grabbed Desiree into his arms and hugged her as though it was his last.  It was an emotional precursor to the rest of the day. Here are a few of my favorite images.  Also, be sure to check out their SLIDESHOW. 

The Invite :)
Photobucket

Love the sun coming in through the window!
Photobucket

The shoes.
Photobucket

April helping Desiree with her garter.
Photobucket

I like how April's arms framed Desiree's foot.  This is one of my favorite images from the getting ready shots.
Photobucket

I just adore Desiree! How can anyone not love her?! She looks beautiful in her dress from Monica's.
Photobucket

Walt . . . looking a little more "serious."
Photobucket

A little help from Dad is always in order :)
Photobucket

Look at Walt's reaction to seeing Desiree for the first time!  He was speechless!
Photobucket

It was as though he had more emotion than he knew what to do with so he just hugged her REAL hard . . . like she was a teddy bear.  It was too cute :) Walt's a pretty rugged guy so this was a surprise.  And then I started thinking . . . "I didn't tell him that this was his last look, did I? Sometimes I confuse my words. I mean I did bring them to the edge of a cliff.  Maybe he thinks she's gonna jump."
Photobucket

I love these next two shots! Gorgeous!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Desiree's mom is so sweet.  I know this was a bittersweet day for her.  She just loves Desiree SO much! 
Photobucket

Take a look at these handsome men! Grrowl :)
Photobucket

The ceremony program
Photobucket

I love this moment between Desiree's parents before they made their way down the aisle.  They were so happy and proud :)
Photobucket

The ceremony
Photobucket

Exchanging of rings cliff top
Photobucket

Some reception details.  Take a look at those mason jars!
Photobucket

Cupcakes from Knoxville's Cupcakery
Photobucket

Proof that I only hang out with the coolest people.  Yeah, uh huh, we're friends. 
Photobucket

Because we finished all of the family pictures before the ceremony, Desiree and Walt were immediately released to mingle with their guests after a few large group shots post-ceremony.  Once the sunlight was perfect, I grabbed them for a few moments during the reception to get these next few shots. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This next shot was taken from their "First Dance." It was such an intimate moment.  It was as though no one was around :) 
Photobucket

The "Father-Daughter Dance" was a tear-jerker as you will see in the SLIDESHOW.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Is this next picture not PRECIOUS?!
Photobucket

Night shot of Canyon Ridge.
Photobucket

I love the spookiness in this next shot! Kinda gives me chills. 
Photobucket

Happily married!
Photobucket

No comments: