Thursday, November 26, 2009

TJ and Ginny Married! - Knoxville Wedding Photographer

I squeezed into my black leggings and slipped on some slacks.  I put on one pair of socks and then another.  I zipped my boots, tightened my belt, put on my sweater, and added a thick scarf. I was ready for war. 

As I passed by the TV, reports of 40 degree weather, high winds, and rain all day continued to parade across the screen.  I ran into my room and packed another umbrella.  Knowing that I could not change what would be, I decided to let my worries go.  This was the day TJ and Ginny would wed.

On my way to Holston Hills Country Club, glimmers of sunshine peaked between the clouds. "Could we really be that fortunate to have the weathermen be wrong?" I wondered.  

When the wedding party arrived to the club, all were in high spirits.  It was rounding on noon and no rain was falling. Although temperatures continued to drop, we all stayed dry.  

Luckily, guests were prepared for a cold fall day, some even wearing fur coats.  All had adapted to help make this a day to remember :) The ceremony commenced with a few bursts of laughter and the warm reception hall invited guests to stay to the very end.  Here are a few of my favorite images from the day.  Be sure to also check out their SLIDESHOW.

Ginny getting ready
Photobucket

Love the details of Ginny's dress :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

The rings
Photobucket

I liked this one too . . . couldn't decide
Photobucket

The beautiful bride! I can hear Ginny's laugh in the second one . . . exactly why a laughing picture is so important :)
Photobucket

Here is the wonderful Lori Hensley, my second shooter, helping the bride.  It was quite windy and Ginny's veil went flying off!  
Photobucket

TJ and Ginny's first look! Picture taken by Lori Hensley.
Photobucket

Here is TJ making his way over to see Ginny.  I love his face in this one.
Photobucket

Ginny sees TJ round the corner and throws a wave just in case he doesn't see the brilliant white dress. LOL! 
Photobucket

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this next picture taken by Lori Hensley! It made me gasp with excitement the moment I saw it! 
Photobucket

My take on what was happening.  I just love those smiles :)
Photobucket

This next picture was also taken by Lori Hensley.  It really encompasses the feeling of the day.  TJ and Ginny together were a calm amongst the looming storm.  When they have each other, nothing else seems to matter. 
Photobucket

This next picture is one of my favorites of the both of them!
Photobucket

Love their expressions here.  
Photobucket

I had to take some "posh" pictures of the bride and groom as well.
Photobucket

I love these next two shots of TJ :) Handsome, huh?
Photobucket

I love how Lori Hensley was able to capture the wind in this next shot.  Having a second shooter is like adding sprinkles on top of the cake.  Their style mixed with mine just adds that somethin' somethin'.  Very cool.
Photobucket

As the main photographer, my job is to nail pictures like below.  I have to be precise, accurate, and methodical throughout the day.  Someday I'd like to second shoot for another photographer.  Shooting on the fly sounds really fun!  This is Ginny and TJ with their moms :)
Photobucket

Ginny making her way down the aisle.
Photobucket

I love this next picture from their ceremony! It makes my day when I know I can get behind the officiant and take pictures and still be discreet. 
Photobucket

A few pictures from the father-daughter dance
Photobucket

I love how sweet TJ is to his mom.  This was taken during the mother-son dance.
Photobucket

Some reception details . . .
Photobucket

Love the "sun-flare" in this next picture.  
Photobucket

I just thought this next shot was cool!  I used Lori's flash from her camera to create this picture.  You can see her in the back shooting in my direction.  Pretty neato!  Yay for fun guests too!
Photobucket

Wine glasses.  At least we know the reception will be fun, right?  I love a rowdy crowd!  They keep me entertained for hours.
Photobucket

See! Told you! LOL! This guy was hilarious to watch! Lori Hensley captured this shot. 
Photobucket

A bubble blowing send-off! 
Photobucket

I almost did not get this next shot.  I had to book it up a hill to catch the limo.  I think it was worth that last stretch of energy though.  I'd do just about anything for these two :) Too see more pictures from this wedding, check out their SLIDESHOW.
Photobucket

1 comment:

..::p::.. said...

those are the best ring shots i have ever seen!!! i LOVE it!

ginny has never looked more beautiful. i'm so happy for them! :)