Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

So yesterday was my daddy's birthday! Normally, I might post a picture.  However, daddy rarely likes having his picture taken so I'll refrain from posting one here.  I must say that I hate January mainly because the weather and because Christmas is over and now I have to take down all my decorations. Boo! On the upside, however, January has always been a month full of birthday celebrations for me.  It's my dad's birthday (6th), my sister's birthday (22nd), my papaw's birthday (22nd), and my best friend's (23rd)!  Since I've been stuck inside due to all the rain, I began to think about what each of these people's lives have brought to mine.  I'm a strong believer that everyone in your life can teach you something.  So here are just a few memories and life lessons from my father:

1. Moss will not kill you if you eat it.
2. Riding my bike with no training wheels
3. How to draw Snoopy sleeping on his doggie house
4. How to bake a cake without getting eggshells in the batter
5. Roller coasters are fun not scary
6. There COULD be a boogie man in my room.  I still sleep with my closet door closed.
7. How to give appropriate surgery to a stuffed animal (aka sewing up loose parts)
8. How to wrap a present with the least amount of tape
9. "Blitzing" means Christmas Eve shopping, parking as far away from the mall as possible and walking.
10. How to drive
11. How to be generous through example
12. Have fun because you'll spend the rest of your life working
13. If love is hard before you're married, it doesn't get any easier over time.  Choose wisely.
14. Being happy is easy if you continue to make the right decisions.

No comments: