Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Sanctuary - Knoxville Photographer

Lately I've been feeling the stress of owning my own business.  There is always lots to do and I sit in front of my computer for WAY too long without taking breaks.  I've been having trouble sleeping at night because I can't turn my mind off from thinking.  Anyway, as a way of winding down, I always take a bath at night.  It relaxes my muscles and gives me a chance to shut out the world for just a little while.  Recently, however, I've been taking baths by candlelight, hoping that the darkness will make me a little more sleepy before bed.  So I've been doing this for about a week now and every night I admire how the candlelight falls on the water and walls. You might say I'm having a love affair with my bathroom.  The cure: "Just take the picture already and share it with the world!" It's an itch I had to scratch! Thoughts from the shoot:

1) I'm naked and this feels awkward
2) I am SO screwed if this camera falls in the water
3) What if I knock over a candle and start another fire.  
4) Is that steam on my lens?!! 
5) What if my husband walks in? I could get startled, knock over a candle, AND drop my camera into the water!  This could be bad.

OH how I love to live on the edge! Hope it was worth it! haha!


No comments: